Sunday, June 26, 2011

Inspired by Family tree: newborn photo session of baby Kaia

I had the pleasure of photographing baby Kaia and her family. She was definitely not a sleepy newborn, and couldn't seem to keep her eyes off the world. One of the family dogs, Magnum, kept a close eye on what was happening, popping up in the scene, acting as Kaia's protector.

Some of the last photos I took were in the nursery. Parents Warren & Kate had painted the room pale yellow, and throughout the room were baby toys, with a special basket that held Kate's teddy bears from her own childhood. What I really loved about the room, was the silhouette they painted of a tree - the one right across from Bliss Bakery in Peachland actually. In the branches, they hung black & white childhood photos of family members, and one large hanging sign reads "a family is a little world created by love." Brilliant - I just love the idea!

I was inspired by the tree, and included it in a collage of baby Kaia.

Thanks Kate and Warren, for sharing the love of your new bundle of joy with me.

Kate told me that "Warren is absolutely smitten with his new baby girl"....awww, so sweet.

Mags made me laugh, how she'd just pop up to check out what was going on with baby Kaia.


 

This is the tree painted on the nursery wall - isn't it cool? Love the idea.

I'm not sure if it's clear on your monitor, but the tree silhouette is in the background of this collage.

~~~


For more information, or to book a family photo session, please contact:










Angelique Duffield, LSWPP
Creative. Stylish. Professional.
250.575.5964

Email: stylephotographykelowna@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment